Today I feel like if I can just get past the annoyances and grumpy-causing things, I can go be productive. So I am getting these off my chest:
1. Seasonal allergies. sniff. ker-choo! sniff. blubber into tissue. AAGH! This is WITH daily claritin! The neti pot helps, but it feels like it takes forever to dump the whole pot of water through my nostrils, so I don’t do it every day. I think today I will do neti, though!
2. The skylights are leaking again. Well, one of them is, and only when it rains REALLY HARD like it did yesterday morning, but still, damn. We just had that fixed a couple of years ago.
3. It is finally hot and humid like summer usually is, but I have been spoiled by the pleasant temperatures of the previous two months and the humidity makes me feel blah. Plus we are using the AC a lot more, which is using a lot of energy.
4. It’s already August and I haven’t finished all the things I want to get done before school starts! Though I will try to remember to post later this week about all my accomplishments of the summer, and then you and I can all be impressed.
5. Before you say “but school doesn’t start until September” let me explain that I am going on vacation with family next week and then I have teacher inservice (meetings, trainings, getting classrooms set up, making seating charts, reading IEP‘s, rearranging seating charts so the kids who are supposed to sit up front are in the right place, finding misplaced items, waiting for computer software updates) for a week and kids will show up on Monday, August 31. So really I have one week left to get a lot of stuff done.
6. When I was cleaning Buzz’s litterbox this morning one of those creepy cave crickets got on my chin, and I felt it tickle and I thought it was just my hair and when I used the back of my wrist to push the hair aside I CRUSHED THE CRICKET AGAINST MY NECK! EEEEEEEWWWWWWW! (We have cave crickets in the basement and garage. They are silent, and because of mental defects they jump TOWARD a disturbance, creeping me out when they do it to me!)
7. I really need to get my hair cut but my wonderful hairdresser QUIT her job to pursue an entirely different career, so I need to find a new salon and a hairdresser who can give me the cut I want. I hate finding a new hairdresser! But I haven’t had my hair cut since May and I am getting annoyed with it, so I really need to do it!
OK, that is enough complaining! Time to get stuff done!